Department of Neuro Surgery
The Neurosurgical team at Gangamai Hospital provides comprehensive care for various neurosurgical problems. Gangamai hospital is a tertiary care centre where complex trauma and accident cases are referred from in and around Solapur.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Gangamai Hospital has a team of highly competent, dedicated, qualified and experienced Neurosurgeons specializing in various types of neurosurgery for comprehensive management of diseases and disorders of the Brain, Spinal cord, Peripheral nerves, Cerebro Vascular, Cranial, Skull base surgery, Acoustic neuroma surgery, Pituitary surgery, Minimal invasive surgery, Spinal surgery. The department aims at excellence in neurosurgical care through practice of evidence based medicine and treatment according to international protocols.
Gangamai Hospital is your one stop for complete brain and spine care providing solutions. Patients are kept fully informed throughout their treatment and they receive complete support and encouragement from our doctors. At Gangamai hospital we are dedicated in providing the best neurosurgical treatment to our patients at an affordable cost. The provision of care encompasses wide range of neurosurgery which includes:
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- 24 X 7 Emergency services
- Diagnostic Services (MRI , CT scan , Colour Doppler , X-ray , USG)
- Complete in-house imaging services
- 2 state of the art neuro-surgery operation theatres
- Martin cautery system
- Hanaulux operating lights
- MRT/CT compatible Leksell Stereotactic system
- Zeiss multivision neuro microscope
- Ultrasonic surgical aspirator
- Laser and Midas Rex high-speed drill system
- Accessories for minimally invasive neurosurgery
What is Neurosurgery?
Neurosurgery (or neurological surgery) is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
The treatments & procedures of the neurosurgery department include:
Brain Surgical Services:
- Microsurgery for Brain Tumors.
- Endoscopic Brain Surgery.
- Skull Base Surgery.
- Brain Trauma Surgery
- Brain aneuysms & AVM
- Congenital Cranial Deformity
- Stereotaxic Brain Surgery for Tumor and Functional Neurosurgery
- Craniofacial Surgery with FMS (Facio-Maxillary Surgery)
- Brain Surgery for Abnormal Blood Vessels
- Brain Surgery for Epilepsy
- Brain Surgery for Removal of Blood Clots
- Interventional / Neuro-endovascular Therapy for Cerebro-vascular Diseases and Tumors
- Pre-operative Embolization of Brain Lesions
- Paediatric neurosurgery
Spine Surgical Services:
- Slipped disc in the neck or lower back
- Microscopic Lumbar Discectomy or Decompression
- Microscopic Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Endoscopic Discectomy
- Lower back Spondylosis with Pressure on the Nerve / Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Decompression with or without Fusion
- Endoscopic Fusion of the Spine
- Abnormal Curvature within the Spine-Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Thoracoscopic Deformity Correction
- Posterior Correction of Scoliosis or Kyphosis with Instrumentation
- Degenerative Disc Diseases
- Minimally-invasive Spinal Fusion and Advanced Instrumentation
- Total Disc Replacement Surgery
- Spinal Deformity (congenital & acquired) Correction and Stabilization
- Osteoporosis of the Spine
- Slipped Vertebra in Children
- Posterior Spinal Instrumentation
- Other Spine Surgeries
- TB Spine - Thoracoscopic Spinal Surgery with Para-spinal Abscess Drainage
- Spine Tumor Surgery
- Spine Trauma
- Pituitary tumours
- Trigeminal Neuralgia