This will help/ prepare you working closely with doctor - asking questions, listening carefully and following advice for your better health care during appointment at Hospitals.
Before Your Visit:
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions.
- Make a list of all medications and any previous surgeries.
- Gather and bring important medical records and laboratory test reports from other doctors or hospitals (including X-rays, MRIs, and lab results).
- Call before your visit to tell the hospital if you have special needs.
- Bring a friend or family member if you think it will be helpful.
During Your Visit:
- Go over your list of questions with the doctor
- If you do not understand an answer, be sure to ask for further explanation.
- Take notes and listen carefully.
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noticed.
- Talk about all new medications.
- Ask why it has been prescribed, and how to take it.
- Ask questions about treatment and test results
- Share any known allergies.